Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Couch to 5k - W1D1

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

I just completed Week 1, Day 1 of the Couch to 5k program. I am doing this because I signed up for the Color Me Rad 5K with my sister and nieces. You can read my post about it HERE.

It wasn't so bad. I used to jog/walk on the treadmill for an hour at a time a few years ago, so this wasn't too horrible to start with. The only problem I have noticed is that my back is killing me during it. I know what the problem is related too - labor/delivery of my twins. I was in labor for 24hours (before they decided just to do a c-section) and the only main pain I had was HORRIBLE back pain. It was excruciating! If it wasn't for that, I could of held out for days, okay, maybe not days. *hahah*

Anyways, back to first day, I will just need to stretch better before I do these workouts and hopefully over time the back pain will subside.

I downloaded the Couch to 5K app and it was AWESOME! I would definitely recommend it to anyone who might use this program. You can listen to your music through the app so the voice over will come in over the music. It is also nice because I wasn't constantly looking at the time left since it was on my phone and not easy to access during the process. So the time actually went by pretty fast. I wish I had an apple phone (even though I hate apple), just because they have a zombie trainer mode and that would be AWESOME! I will just still with what I have, the lady trainers do a good job.

Any suggestions for this issue?

No comments:

Post a Comment