Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Food Review


Weight Watchers - Smart Ones - Chicken Enchiladas Suiza

Let me start off by saying I am not affiliated with anyone when I make these reviews. I am just giving my honest opinion about the meal. Maybe my review will help you decide if you want to try it for yourself or not.

I love Mexican so I am always excited to try new meals in this category. Let me start off with the description from the box: Chicken enchiladas topped with a zesty sour cream and green chile sauce with Spanish rice, zucchini, corn, and bell peppers. Now, I actually hate sour cream and bell peppers but this was not a problem with this meal. I actually found it quite enjoyable. Now, it looks nothing like the picture on the box obviously. It actually looks like a big pile of mush with side of rice (have to love marketing and their false depictions of food on packages). If you can get past the look of it, then I think you will find it quite tasty. Like I said, I don't like sour cream sauce but I couldn't even tell it was sour cream. It just tasted like a yummy sauce on top. There was almost too much of it for me so I ended up scraping some of it off (saved me some calories I'm sure).

Now, I paired this with some tortilla chips ( because as my previous blog says - I am addicted to chips). This didn't add to many extra calories because I had only a few of them. I walked away from this meal feeling very satisfied and full. There was plenty of food in this meal unlike others I have tried. I had originally tried the Lean Cuisine Chicken Enchilada Suiza and there was only 1 enchilada compared to 2 in this one. The calories were actually not dramatically different so I would go with Weight Watchers because it left me more full and satisfied. I hate walking away from a meal still hungry.

I give this 5/5 stars. If you have tried this, let me know what you think. Or, if you have any others to suggest, let me know.



No comments:

Post a Comment